Our Media and Communications degree provides an academic, creative and critical understanding of the media for roles in a variety of creative industries and backgrounds.
What you should know about this course:
- It combines academic, creative and critical approaches to media
- You will learn to research, analyse and craft communications across a wide range of media, from text and images to video, web and VR
- The course is designed to stimulate you intellectually, equipping you with the knowledge and skills to evaluate and take part in today’s media industry
- It provides opportunities for students to publicly present their own work in installations, blogs and screenings
- This course introduces you to media in all its interdisciplinarity, and will equip you with necessary skills to enter as many media professions as you wish after you graduate
Popular career options for our media and communications graduates include roles with in-house communications teams, public relations, marketing, content
management and social media.
- Pass in STPM, with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.00) in any 2 subjects, and a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level or any equivalent qualification; or
- Pass in STAM with a minimum grade of Jayyid, and a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level; or
- Any qualifications equivalent to Diploma or Advanced Diploma (Level 4 or 5, MQF); or
- Matriculation/Foundation/A-Level qualication with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 out of 4.00, or any equivalent qualication
International students are required to achieve a minimum score of 5.0 for IELTS OR its equivalent is needed.