Chemical engineering works principally in the chemical industry to convert basic raw materials into a variety of products, and deals with the design and operation of chemical plant and Equipment.
The principle knowledge in chemical engineering includes design, manufacture and operation of industrial chemicals and related, development of new chemicals or adapted substances and processes for products ranging from foods and beverages to cosmetics, cleaners and pharmaceutical ingredients, also development of new technologies such as fuel cells, hydrogen power and nanotechnology.
The working in fields derived from chemical engineering includes material science, polymer engineering, and biomedical engineering, membrane technology, water and wastewater treatment industry.
The programmes objectives are to produce graduates who are able to:
- Practice as engineer in industries related to chemical engineering
- Pursue postgraduate studies
- Register with the Board of Engineers Malaysia and subsequently become a professional chemical engineer
- A水准 – 3科及格并于UCAS考获240点（包括数学及物理/化学/生物）
- 大马高等教育文凭考试(STPM) - 3科优等，等级C/ 2.0级点或以上（包括数学及物理/化学/生物）
- 独中统考文凭（UEC） － 5科B等（包括数学及物理/化学/生物）
- 南澳大学预科（SAM） - 考获60%（包括数学及物理/化学/生物）
- 加拿大先修课程（CPU）- 考获60%（包括高级函数，微积分及矢量图与物理/化学/生物）
- 理学/工程学预科文凭 - CGPA考获 2.00或及格（包括数学及物理/化学/生物）
|Year 1||Year 2|
|Year 3||Year 4|